Friday, July 1, 2016

A Canada Day to Be Remembered!


Written at Nimrod's Campground.


I woke up at 5:30am despite having gone to bed at 12:30am.  However, Eleanor let me know that that we went to bed at 1:30am and I got up st 6:30am.  I had unpacked my bike thinking I had hours before we had to leave.  I didn't get as far as I thought I would.  Jamie went nuts over the bike box.  Although we didn't do archery, which will be its fate, I'm sure, and will post pictures once they are provided, we did have an amazingly full day!


I took another picture of the KURE sign, which was the name of her grandfather's company.  



I took a picture the night before but it didn't have the disco ball lighting and the story and people in the picture were identified to me.  As we ate the silky breakfast concoction from the previous night's  preparation, we spoke about the disco ball and I figured that a disco ball could be formed in a way to mimic the star constellations.  Elle remarked something along the lines of the idea sounding like something discussed while high on drugs.  Insert That 70s show 360 cam.  We also discussed how Jamie also did a summer language bursary program.



After breakfast, Jamie drove us to OnTree, which was great!  I did something similar in New Jersey, and from the parking lot it looked very low to the ground, but that was just for training, because once you get trained, you just go out and do courses!  Charlie, Elle and I went to do a medium level which the circus folks, Jenn and Chenise, and monkey man Jamie did a black diamond, two of which you have to complete to try the 95% failure rate double black diamond.  Jamie completed it without too much effort.  Jenn was also successful and Jamie decided to do it a second time.  I think he doesn't get many opportunities to be a monkey so he took full advantage.



I personally found the black diamond quite difficult so I stuck to the ones with lots of zip lines.  So much fun!!!  If you're ever in Nova Scotia, check it out.  It's awesome!


Great Canada Day shot of Chenise!


Elle at 11!


The Three Musketeers 



We then went to the Spitfire Arms for lunch after saying bye to Jenn the birthday girl and Charlie and Chenise.  



Elle wouldn't shut up about her pickle adventures.  She told us about a dozen stories about deep fried pickles.  She's obsessed.  Just kidding... But she did tell us about a pickle accident.  Sounds dirty but it isn't.  But you'll have to ask her.  Jamie and I had his friend's Schoolhouse beer, which I think was apropos.  



Elle's friend Liz joined us and she got Bam Bsm shrimp.  Elle got tacos leaving Jamie to decide between a burger and pan fried fish.  I got the chowder and lobster roll. Mmmmmm

Elle treated us and since she loved the deep fried pickles so much, she left a HUGE tip!  



We then went to Liz's house to meet her parents, Andrea and Charles, as well as her horses, Porche, my favourite as seen with me.



 Sooty who didn't flinch when Jamie vaulted over him and onto the ground.  I didn't get a picture until after he got up but he was a bit abashed.  



He managed to sit on him bare back on his second try.  Still a monkey.


Liz then took us up to the attic where there was an awesome you pony!



And an antique sleigh.  One horse open no less!


And fish art!  The molds...


And the art...


Even the cobwebs looked cool!!!



Then we hung on the porch and heard wonderful tales about Charles and Andrea immigrating to Canada after flipping a coin to decide between Canada and Australia.  Canada was heads do I think they were leaning towards Australia.  *smile*. I asked for juice and I really need to buy more Welches Grape  Juice.  It's so good!!!  This is Liz and her mom...


An her dad and Jamie...


Before we left they collected manure and edible greens (Jamie knows his plants) from the pile and fields.  We then said goodbye and although a seemingly full day, Elle wanted in the mud.  


Jamie wasn't so keen, and although I was super keen, I feared for my cloths and how few I packed.  But in the end, when it seemed we would just look at the mud, Jamie stripped down and started in!  Elle was quick to follow and I was secretly happy to do the same.  


Walking through the mud feels amazing!


Sliding through the mud feels amazing!!!


Playing in the mud with your friends is amazing!!!!!!


And of course Jamie taking so many great pics was amazing!!!


And I look amazing covered in mud. Peace!


And of course the scenery was amazing.


We washed off the mud in the surprisingly strong current and then went to an area past the barn to wash our feet, but it was nasty so we just used straw and grass.  


At least we got this great pic before going back to the car.  


With wet underwear, and not wanting to put my pants back on, but wanting ice cream, I wore Elle's dress.  I got a few looks, but I owned it.  I got the Mariner's Salted Caramel and the Chai Tea Latte flavours.  Isn't saying Chai Tea like saying Tea tea?  Thanks to Jamie for the treat!   

Sorry... No picture of me in a dress.  But here are our feet in daisies!


Then Jamie drove us home and we cleaned up our dried mud in the yard, and unloaded the garden goodies.


When muddy, get in the dirt!



While Elle made the most delicious homemade mac and cheese, I got to work on the bike.  It want until 12:30am that I got Rawk Lobster II put together and arranged all my bags.  I slept well knowing I was all ready to go!  Only to wake up super early again. 


Question of The Post:  What's your best pickle story?  Or other food story if you don't have that?  Describe.

2 comments:

  1. what a great start! :) have an amazing adventure Adamino! :) mud & pickles... YEAH! :)

    ReplyDelete